RE: [wtp-dev] How soon for developer CVS access?

Title: Message

Bjorn & co., is there a plan and schedule for getting the IBM contribution into eclipse.org CVS, and if so, what is it?
Yes and we don't know yet. :-)
We're working on a plan (and by "we", I mean the PMC and the Project Leads) for milestones zero and one. Part of that plan is incorporating the initial contributions, cleaning them up, changing the license text, etc. and putting them into CVS. As soon as we have a draft of that plan, we will be posting it for comments.
I'd like to start submitting patches to it and also track the ongoing work that has been referred to in the newsgroup (for example where Tim doBoer says "I've fixed it in the master copy").
Me too.

I'm assuming that the IBM contribution will be the sole basis for the initial version in CVS, which is a pretty big assumption I know.

Not true. I believe that portions of the IBM contribution will be fairly unchanged, but that portions will also undergo some larger changes. One of things we are aiming for for milestone zero or one is a more flexible project structure - that will be a change to the existing IBM contributed code.

But, like I said, the details are still unknown and are waiting for various key people to get back from summer holidays.

Regards,
Bjorn

Back to the top