From: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 2:56 PM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Customization of IBM's WTP Web Projects

> I was a bit confused about the newsgroup/mailing list.

> I also have did not see any public statement that, "wtp-dev mailing
> list is for discussing developer issues of the WebTools Platform
project(s)".
> If this is indeed the case, the it should be posted as such at...
> Otherwise your comments appear to me to be without foundation.

When you joined the list, you saw this paragraph on this page:
"This is a mailing list for the discussion of the Eclipse Web Tools
general development issues. Proposals for changes in any of the Web
Tools API should be advertised in this list. While this list is open to
the public, it is intended for discussions related to the implementation
of the Web Tools components."

So when I see:
>> Is it possible to change the default directories ...
It does not appear to be a "development issue" or a "discussion of
implementation". My apologies if I'm wrong and that the question
actually was about implementation.

> Your implication that I'm asking for free support, not reading the
> source code or unwilling to contribute to OSS is rude and unnecessary.

It might have been rude (I'm willing to apologize for that), but it
wasn't unnecessary - we need to keep this list focused so that we can
keep this project focused so that we can deliver WTP sooner so that
people can use the tools and build on top of the frameworks.  To that
end, we need people on this list to be reading the source code, writing
validated bugzilla entries, and contributing to the project.  People who
do not want to step up to that commitment are welcome to read the list,
but should post their questions to the newsgroup - there are many
talented people on the newsgroup who are willing, eager, and
knowledgeable about the user issues.

- Bjorn