Re: [wtp-dev] Customization of IBM's WTP Web Projects

And there's more on my list:

The <ProjectName>.xml file that is deployed to <tomcat_home>/conf/Catalina/localhost does not seem to have any configuration dialog to set the Tomcat context path other than at the initial creation of the project. It is also putting a space in the docBase WebContent folder: "<ProjectName>/Web Content" in seven projects I created, which is causing the run to fail.

Ed

Howdy,

Is it possible to change the default directories of an IBM WTP dynamic
web project from their default values of "JavaSource" and "WebContent"?
I can refactor move/rename the defaults using the standard Eclipse
mechanisms, but this seems to break some of the deployment/server tools
like the Tomcat plugin.

Also, is there any documentation other than the HTML pages included in
the download - e.g. there seems to be no built-in documentation of the
IBM SDK itself?

Finally, if the IBM SDK does not allow customization of source code
layout: does the Lomboz distro? Or is the source in WTP's CVS stable
enough for development?

Thanks!

--Matt

Matthew Lipper

NYC DoITT
Citywide Geographic Information Systems
59 Maiden Lane, 33rd Floor New York, NY 10038
212.232.1136