RE: [wtp-dev] Customization of IBM's WTP Web Projects

Mr. Lipper,
The wtp-dev mailing list is for discussing developer issues of the Web Tools
Platform project(s).  User level questions belong in the newsgroup.  Thank
you.

> Is it possible to change the default directories of an IBM
> WTP dynamic web project from their default values of
> "JavaSource" and "WebContent"?

That'd be a "how to use" question.  A similar developer level question would
be "I've looked through the source code at classes X and Y, but cannot
figure out which of them is where I would change the code to change the
default directories.  Perhaps someone could give me a hint so that I could
contribute the code patch for this useful feature?"

> Also, is there any documentation other than the HTML pages
> included in the download - e.g. there seems to be no built-in
> documentation of the IBM SDK itself?

That would also be a "how to use" question, eh?

> Finally, if the IBM SDK does not allow customization of source code
> layout: does the Lomboz distro? Or is the source in WTP's CVS
> stable enough for development?

Those two user level question could be easily answered by:
(a) You trying out, or reading the source code to, the ObjectWeb
contribution, and
(b) Reading yesterday's newsgroup posting wherein you will see that there is
no official WTP release yet.

Thanks for helping us with valuable contributions rather than just asking
for free support,
Bjorn

Back to the top