RE: [wsvt-dev] WSVT - SOAP Monitor

Hi Ajit,

1. The WSDL validator currently will validate WSDL 1.1 instance documents.
We've started working on an extension for WSDL 2.0 but it's not ready yet.

2. Yes however this hasn't been fully tested. You should be able to specify
a URL to the WSDL validator through both the command line and Ant
interfaces. You currently cannot do this in Eclipse. If you'd like to see
this in Eclipse please open a bugzilla feature request. Please include any
ideas you have about how the validator should be invoked on remote files.

3. No. You should be able to validate a local WSDL document that imports
remote documents.

4. AFAIK, the only way to get a user id is to become an Eclipse committer.
When connecting anonymously you must use pserver. Here's a link to a
document describing how to connect to the Eclipse CVS server -
http://dev.eclipse.org/cvshowto.html.

BTW, in the future, please post user questions to the WSVT newsgroup. The
mailing list is meant for developers working on the WSVT project.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

             "Kumar Narayanan,
             Ajit"
             <ajit.kumar.naray                                          To
             anan@xxxxxxx>             "'wsvt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'"
             Sent by:                  <wsvt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             wsvt-dev-admin@ec                                          cc
             lipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsvt-dev] WSVT - SOAP Monitor
             02/17/2004 01:36
             AM

             Please respond to
                 wsvt-dev

Hi David,

             Thanks for the reply.
             Have still more questions
             1. Right now, the WSDL validator works against what version of
the WSDL specification ? 1.1 or 2.0 ?
             Also, is the context menu action for a .wsdl file the only way
to validate a web service currently ?
             2. Is a mechanism where I specify only a URL to the WSDL
thought of ( for validating a web service).
             3. Does the current implementaion mandate that all the WSDLs
are saved locally before I run the validator on it (let us assume a WSDL
with an import element)?

             4. Is there a way I can get a User ID for the CVS repository ?
Somehow the "anonymous" user does not seem to work.

regards,
Ajit