Re: [wsvt-dev] Problems with Ant WSDLValidate task

Hi Keith,

A lot of work has gone into the Ant task since our last release. Hopefully
we'll have a new version of the WSVT project out early next week.

The updated version of the Ant task should resolve your second problem. In
the updated version you can set the wsicompliance attribute on the
wsdlvalidate task to IGNORE to eliminate the error message.

I will look into providing more detail when the -debug flag is set on ant.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Lawrence

             "Keith Hatton"
             <khatton@axiomsys
             tems.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  <wsvt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             wsvt-dev-admin@ec                                          cc
             lipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsvt-dev] Problems with Ant
             01/20/2004 06:20          WSDLValidate task
             AM

             Please respond to
                 wsvt-dev

Hi,

I have started using the WSDLValidate Ant task, but I have run into a few
problems.

Initially, every file is producing the following messages:
[WSDLValidate] ---------------------------------------
[WSDLValidate] Validating Corporate.wsdl - INVALID
[WSDLValidate] ---------------------------------------
[WSDLValidate] ERROR 1:1:A problem occurred while running the WSDL
validator.
[WSDLValidate] WARNING 1:1:There is no WS-I Compliance validator registered
for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/.

By running Ant from the directory where the Jars are, I can reduce the
output to:
[WSDLValidate] ---------------------------------------
[WSDLValidate] Validating Corporate.wsdl - VALID
[WSDLValidate] ---------------------------------------
[WSDLValidate] WARNING 1:1:There is no WS-I Compliance validator registered
for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/.

so I presume the initial problems are due to mis-specifying the directory
for schemas or something. But what does the WS-I warning message mean and
how do I deal with it?

As some more general feedback, it would be useful to see more informative
error messages or stack traces if ant -debug is used. At the moment there
is no difference in the output.

Thanks
Keith