[wb-dev] Future of Swing and JavaFX Support

I see how the builder is constantly maintained. How do you see the future of Swing and JavaFX?

We develop GUI's (Professinal Business Application in a 3 Tier JBoss surroundings) in a pure Java enviroment and discuss at the moment on the direction for the next 5-8 years.

Mostly we develop in a manufacture way 'Inhouse application's' for Windows desktops analyzing huge amount of data with a lot of number diverse professional business case branches.

I see myself exposed to strong pressure to develop (modern ??, nice looking) WEB-Applications. But this is not everything. The usabilty should focus on.

I see the following technologies, but have problems to classify correct.

Swing, JavaFX, SWT, Eclipse RCP, Pure HTML5 WEB-Applications.
What do you say to Swing vs. Javafx? (Swing will never die)

Alternative RCP with the option to change between SWT, Swing , JavaFX  or RAP?
Decission between such a desktop solution and pure WEB-frontend?
The choices are just too big.

In the moment we develop Java Swing applications. Because pure Java, we developed a lot of nice new widgets, known from WEB environment. For my part I am really pleased extent."

Best regards.

Back to the top