[wb-dev] Getting Developers involved with WindowBuilder

Hey guys,
I was talking to Eric Clayberg last night and he suggested I e-mail here. I have been a big fan of WindowBuilder and have been excited with it being recently open sourced.

With that being said, I have noticed that many developers have a hard time becoming contributors to open source projects as they may not clearly understand the main concepts and the architecture. I have been trying to make sure the we (at Architexa) can help here.

We have been working on a cool project - trying to help developers get started with the guts of WindowBuilder. We have created a simple site consisting of architectural documentation for main ideas of WindowBuilder. You can find them here: http://codemaps.org/s/WindowBuilder

We want to make this resource available to everyone, and have made it the underlying tooling free for projects like WindowBuilder. If you haven't heard about it - we build tooling to help get simple and useful diagrams from a codebase. There is a small video demo-ing it here: http://www.architexa.com/learn-more/videos/intro/video. You can find more information on our support for Open Source projects initiative here: http://www.architexa.com/start/open-source

We have gotten some positive feedback for the site, but I wanted to start rolling it out with WindowBuilder. I are really curious to hear what the WindowBuilder community thinks of CodeMaps.

Regards,
Vineet
--
President & CTO, Architexa - www.architexa.com