Re: [vtp-dev] OpenVXML 4.0 exporting issue

Thanks Sam,
I will look forward to your tutorial. if there is any issue I will mention it in this post.

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Sam Hopkins <shopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The VTP code on eclipse.org should work, but if you want to build the code from github, here is what I did:

I started with Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler) for RCP/RAP developers, and pulled the code from github.

You will need Buckminster, which can be installed via Eclipse's "install new software" function  (you may need to add the download site: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/updates-4.3 if you are using Eclipse Kepler).

Next, look in the org.eclipse.vtp.releng.buckminster project for vtp_4.0.0-git.cquery and open it. Click the "Resolve and Materialize" button at the bottom of the view. That should provide most of the main dependencies.

After that has completed, open p2site_feature-git.cquery (also in org.eclipse.vtp.releng.buckminster), and click "Resolve and Materialize" for that as well. That should provide the rest of the dependencies.

If you are using a version of Eclipse that does not have the RCP/RAP feature, I think the EclipseRCP.cquery is intended to provide those dependencies, but I have not verified that.

At this point, you can either set up a run/debug configuration to run as an "Eclipse Application" in a runtime workbench, or you can export the projects as "deployable plugins and fragments" and put the exported plugins into Eclipse's plugins directory (shutting down Eclipse first to be safe).

The OpenVXML perspective should then be available via Window -> Open Perspective -> Other.

The URL for an application made with VTP 4.0 or later has this (usually case-sensitive) format:
http://<server>:<port>/<warFileName>/<applicationName>/<entryPoint>

So the URL for a helloWold project exported in testApps.war might look like http://127.0.0.1:8080/testApps/helloWord/Begin
The call will start at the begin block and follow the path specified by the connectors (drag-and-drop lines) between the blocks.

I hope that helps.