Re: [vtp-dev] OpenVXML app deployment error

Satish, if you're just starting out with OpenXVML and have no reason to be using the older version, I'd suggest you consider setting yourself up with the current 4.0 code in the VTP repositories.  Here are some notes on how to do that:

For those who may be interested, these are the instructions for getting

hooked into the VTP's most current codebase using Eclipse Indigo; once

this is done, new features and bugfixes can installed by simply clicking

Help -> Check for Updates in your Eclipse / OpenVXML installation.

1) Download the Eclipse Indigo (3.7) RCP & Plugin Developer's package

from www.eclipse.org.

2)  Install this Eclipse to a new location on your machine.

3)  Start the new Eclipse

4)  Using the menu, select Help -> Install New Software...

5)  In the Install dialog that appears, in the "Work with:" field at the

top, add the VTP's update site for Indigo:

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/vtp/indigo

6)  Check the OpenVXML 4.0 package at the top and click Next >

7)  Go get a cup of coffee -- this part takes a little while.

8)  When the Install Details screen comes up, click Next >

9)  On the Review Licenses screen, there aren't actually any licenses to

review.  Just click "I accept the terms..." and click Finish.

10) During the installation you'll need to click OK once, to allow

unsigned content to be installed.

11) After the installation, restart Eclipse.

12) The first time you open OpenVXML, you'll be in the default Plug-in

Developer's perspective.  Change this to the OpenVXML perspective by

clicking

Window -> Open Perpective -> Other...

In the dialog that appears, select OpenVXML and click OK.

If you're completely new to all of this, I'd offer 2 additional steps to

get you started:

1)  Once you're in the OpenVXML perspective, right-click in the Project

Explorer and create a new Voice project. (New -> Project -> Voice Tool

Wizards -> Voice)

2)  After the Voice has been created, create the callflow project (New -

> Project -> Voice Tool Wizards -> Interactive Workflow).  Note that at

end of the wizard for an Interactive Workflow is the Language Support

page, where you associate specific Voice projects with particular brands.

For the Default brand, you'll need to click Not Configured and get your

new Voice project selected.  Once this is done, click Finish.

3)  You're ready.  Go forth and do amazing things!

Randy