[vtp-dev] vision/direction of VTP data types

Being a new developer utilizing  the VTP tool, I have a question about the idea/vision behind the data types as implemented in vtp.

Are these data types (String, DATETIME, etc) suppose to be interchangeable/mimic _javascript_’s counterparts of these data types? What was the idea behind them?

For example, am I suppose to be able to be able to manipulate the DATETIME value (using setMonth, setDate, etc)? Am I suppose to be able to cast the value of a vtp String object (which implements IStringObject) into a String variable _javascript_ understands?

Guy Swartwood

Senior Software Developer/DBA

ACCUTYPE MEDICAL SERVICES

www.accutype.com

Office:  (913) 384-3000 x 513

Fax:  (913) 384-5037

gswartwood@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Accutype_7x2_Blue_Graded

The document(s) included in this electronic transmission could contain confidential health information that is legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law, and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.

Back to the top