[vtp-dev] Documentation

I've been looking for a better solution for our documentation than the
traditional Word/OpenOffice -> Export to HTML (shudder) or PDF toolchain.  I
liked the concept of DocBook but haven't found current or maintained
projects for all the needed links.

I've considered migrating our project site to the eclipse wiki as many other
projects have done.  I think this has several benefits over using phoenix as
we do now.  However, it still doesn't solve the general documentation
problem.

While checking out Planet Eclipse I came across Peter Friese's posting about
the WikiText subproject the guys over at Mylyn have come up with.  It
provides an editor that support many different wiki markup formats and
built-in transformation capabilities.  I'm going to play with this and see
how it works.

Has anyone here had a chance to use this before?  What were your impressions
and experiences?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for supporting
single documentation source to multi-format export?

Trip Gilman

Back to the top