Re: [vtp-dev] Questions, directions, techie stuff

Dominique,

    You are right on the round-tripping.  For the cost of a small amount of
additional network traffic you gain quite a bit of functionality.  The voice
browser can be constrained in resources by the number of ports it hosts,
whether or not ASR or TTS process are running locally, and several other
issues.  Moving the work of the business logic to the application server
provides a nice distribution of work similar to that of the web.

You also make a great point about the pending VXML version change.  The
runtime could easily serve up version 2.1 VXML to one platform and 3.0 to
another from the same deployed application.  That would make migration
within a heterogeneous platform environment, like a large MSP, very simple.
Especially if half your vendors move and the other half are still in
development.

Trip Gilman