Re: [vtp-dev] Questions, directions, techie stuff

Hi David,

I would not be too concerned about the round-tripping issue. We have used that approach extensively in our applications (both our packaged apps and the custom apps we develop for some of our large customers) and it scales pretty well. Other companies follow this approach too (VoiceObjects, Cisco/Audium, Avaya, Vicorp, etc.). Also, this may ease the transition to the upcoming VoiceXML 3.0.

My 2 cents,

Dominique Boucher
Nu Echo Inc.
http://nugram.nuecho.com | http://www.nuecho.com

NuGram Platform : the complete grammar solution
http://twitter.com/nugram

David Reich wrote:
Yes, thanks, Randy, it definitely helps.  It's a bit of a departure from "just doing Voice/CC XML (and SRGS)" but I see where you're heading.  The more I think about it, the idea of a generation layer from the abstraction of the app is not a bad idea, especially because of browser platform subtleties and other interaction models (such as SMS) but my main concern is round-tripping of the generated (browser-consumable) version of the emitted code.  The platform abstraction layer is one idea to tweak that emitted output, but I need to digest the different use cases of consumers of the tool to see how/if it covers most of the cases.  (My work to do ;-)

Thanks again for the prompt feedback.  I'm enjoying getting back into this stuff!

David Reich
AIT Architect,  Adeptra, Inc.

Back to the top