Re: [vtp-dev] Database access via the VTP

Title: Re: [vtp-dev] Database access via the VTP
The JNDI connection mechanism in the exported webapp is designed to access resources configured at the server level or at the application level via the server.xml configuration file.  Since the our exported applications are archived into .war files, the per-application configuration in the WEB-INF/web.xml approach is not applicable.  The how-to located at:

    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

should be able to guide you to the correct location for your resource definitions.  This way your  configuration will survive updates and can also be shared across several applications if necessary.

Trip Gilman