Re: [vtp-dev] Features

so it seems we are going with original option (b), this will also require a wrapper .all feature which for the build system.

The down the road questions for further splitting these things up will potentially mean more features, but once we are following the multi feature approach that really is no problem at all.

In terms of internationalization; for the ui it will be easiest to use babel, which results in language features on the babel update site, so not really for us to manage, we just externalize strings and provide maps, and then try and get people to do the translations. For multi-lingual applications we are probably talking about our own set of extensions, so we could follow a similar route and have say a french feature that would add all of the necessary french pieces to add support for french in voice applications. In both cases we are not restricted by what we decide now.

I will put the features in place for this asap, is everyone ok with the original names?

org.eclipse.vtp.framework.feature - for all framework plugins
org.eclipse.vtp.desktop.feature - for all of the desktop (basically any workbench/ui) plugins
org.eclipse.vtp.debug.feature - for all launching related plugins (including ui)

Adam Berry
OpenMethods, LLC