[vtp-dev] Features

Hello all,

I have been looking through the common build infrastructure tutorial stuff from EclipseCon, and now is a good time to go ahead and put a build system in place using this project.

As this is feature based build, it would be best if we actually had defined features. So I would like to know how people think we should divide things up.

I propose either;

a) one feature that bands all together a la jdt, pde etc

org.eclipse.vtp.feature

b) we divide them up functionally, a la mylyn, gef etc

org.eclipse.vtp.framework.feature - for all framework plugins
org.eclipse.vtp.desktop.feature - for all of the desktop (basically any workbench/ui) plugins org.eclipse.vtp.debug.feature - for all launching related plugins (including ui)

if we do (b) then we would also need a wrapper featre org.eclipse.vtp.all for the build, so obviously (a) comes with a lot less overhead.

Thoughts?

Adam Berry

Back to the top