Re: [vtp-dev] Scripting

VXML is specified to use ECMAScript (== Javascript) only as its scripting language. VXML browsers will likely only provide processing for that option. Some maverick developer may have included other scripting support, but I don't know if that is the case.

The basic answer to your question is that you cannot do what you suggest.

If you were to set up your custom jar file to be accessed via an application on a separate document server, you could then use the <data> element in VXML to retrieve its results. (Some VXML browsers do not yet support <data>).

-- Mike

Jay wrote:
Hi,

I see that the Rhino scripting engine is being used to execute java script. I created a custom jar file and bundled it with the plugins jar for eventual deployment to Tomcat. How do I execute a class file in the jar from the "script" element in the openvxml designer?

Best Regards
--
Jay