Re: [vtp-dev] Message for Brent Metz

I'm a little foggy on that, but I think you are correct; I think I had a prototype at one point that would open the file referenced if it was found in a project in eclipse, but I didn't feel good enough about the system I was using and wanted to integrate with however the WTP debug system discovered the correct file to open from a localhost url.

I think you're right that it wasn't particularly generic, but I was hoping that I could discover local urls with WTP apis and search for reasonable-looking files in the workspace. With the new Eclipse emphasis on auto-hyperlinking stuff (ie SomeJavaClass.java:80 becomes hyperlinked in a stack trace) it would be great if 'Error on line 20 of http://localhost:8080/someapp/someapp.vxml' similar auto-hyperlinked. None of my code was good enough to enable so I just punted and commented out. I think you can blow it away until a better time comes to build that kind of functionality in if you'd like.

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Greenawalt <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:17:58 PM
Subject: [vtp-dev] Message for Brent Metz

Brent -

You wrote the original code for VoiceXMLBrowserInputView. In line with
connecting to JVoiceXML, I have been working on adding a Text input
capability.

There is a section of code that looks to have always been there, that
implements a mouse listener on the logTable construct that displays the
captured browser log messages. Did you write that code? I don't recall
what it was meant to do exactly. Right now it is dummied out, always
immediately returning, no matter what. If it were not dummied out, the
code extracts the log line that was double-clicked on, breaks it into
tokens, and if it thinks the token is a file name, it opens an editor
window with that file.

What was the intent of that code? Do you recall? I suspect it is not
finished. Also, the VoiceXMLBrowserInputView code is meant to be generic
for any/all browsers, and it seems to me that having it do a generic
parse of a log message is not a particularly browser-agnostic action.

-- Mike