From: Mike Greenawalt <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 6:57:45 PM
Subject: Re: [vtp-dev] Re: [JVoiceXML-developer] Text based VTP extension

Dirk, your comments are worth far more than 2 cents!  ;-)

I am still of the opinion that CAPABILITY_INTERACTIVE fills the bill for
your suggested CAPABILITY_TEXT. The Javadoc comment about it is
sufficiently vague, I think, to allow that.

If we add a mechanism for entering text to the browser, are we not just
a step away from defining a mechanism for "playing" a dialog to the
browser? That seems useful for testing an application. Does not seem
like it would be too hard to read a file and send text line by line to
the browser.

Can you offer any more specs for VoiceXMLBrowserOutput? Browsers with
which I am familiar don't do any output beyond the audio response and
the log, so I guess I don't quite 'get' the idea of VoiceXMLBrowserOutput.

-- Mike