Re: [vtp-dev] Version Control

Sounds OK to me. When will SVN support be native to Eclipse? Will that be with the next unified release?

Earlier in a message you mentioned you would like to keep the launching capability from VTP 1.0 in future versions. I have looked into this a bit, and if you keep the plugins that are currently under the simdebug directory in CVS, the launching/debugging capabilities will be supported. Those plugins depend on extension points in the Eclipse platform, and should be very independent of any other features.

-- Mike

Trip Gilman wrote:
Committers,

    Hello all.  I wanted to put a motion out to move to SVN for version
control of the Voice Tools Project.  The primary reason for this change is
that SVN has a few more features that I would like to take advantage of,
such as maintaining resource history after move or copy.

    I want to spend some time doing a reorganization of our source trees and
possibly implement a more formalized work stream branching policy and SVN
would go a long way in making these tasks easier.  Another thing to note is
the Subversive project is nearing full maturity.  So SVN support will be
native to the eclipse ecosystem as CVS is today.  Thoughts?

Trip Gilman