To: Vtp-Dev
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [vtp-dev] Upcoming Release of 2.0

Brent -

    For the most part I’d agree with you, however we’ve received a lot of requests for an installer in the cases where the user doesn’t already have an eclipse install and will just be using the tool as an end user.  The zip version should be up tonight or tomorrow.  The other automated builds will have to wait until we get the infrastructure up to support it.  On that note, I’d like to open the floor to anyone who has any suggestions on build process/schedule.  What bells and whistles would you like to see as part of our build process?  Some ideas I’ve had:

  • automated test reports
  • automated code coverage reports
  • pre-defined per committer branches
  • build success dependent merges into trunk or milestone branches

Thoughts?

Trip