Re: [vtp-dev] Some final questions to the JVoiceXml plugin

Good to hear you're getting close. When you reach a point where it's just bug fixes or it would be helpful to have others looking at the code it would be a good point to go ahead and package the plugin so we can take it through the contribution process, which may take a few weeks. When it's in CVS we can apply fixes to get any remaining issues resolved.

#1:

It looks like the stop button isn't being disabled because no terminate events are being thrown. The input view waits to hear a terminate event before disabling the stop button. In your code, when all interactions with the browser are completely ceased (you no longer want to report any log messages) right after browserProcess.setTerminated(true) in the finally block add this code:

                        DebugEvent event[] = new DebugEvent[2];
                        event[0] = new DebugEvent(browserProcess, DebugEvent.TERMINATE);
                        event[1] = new DebugEvent(browserProcess.getLaunch(), DebugEvent.CHANGE);
                        DebugPlugin.getDefault().fireDebugEventSet(event);

The voicexml browser input view will pick up on the TERMINATE event, and the CHANGE event helps the eclipse debugging perspective know to refresh any views it might have showing the browser as well to show that it is terminated.

#2:

I'm not sure what's happening here, but the big caveat is that once you've set everything to terminated the input view stops accepting log messages. This might be behavior to revisit but as currently coded it keeps a running list of active voicexmlbrowserprocess objects and only accepts log messages from that list.

#3: You may be encountering a similar problem that we hit with the Tellme dialog; can you describe the behavior of the problem?

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

Dirk Schnelle <dirk.schnelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/13/2006 04:17 AM

Please respond to
Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[vtp-dev] Some final questions to the JVoiceXml plugin

Hi all,

I am close to finish the JVoiceXml plugin.

There are still two problems to solve:

1. The stop button is not disabled

I tried the demo from the tutorial and this works perfect for me.
However, my plugin behaves differently.

My stop method contains the following code:
   public void stop() {
       if (browserProcess == null) {
           return;
       }

       final JVoiceXmlPlugin plugin = JVoiceXmlPlugin.getDefault();
       final LoggingReceiver receiver = plugin.getReceiver();
       receiver.setSession(null);
       receiver.setBrowser(null);

       try {
           if (session != null) {
               // logMessage("stopping session...");
               session.close();
               session = null;
               // logMessage("session closed");
           }
       } catch (Throwable e) {
           e.printStackTrace();
       } finally {
           browserProcess.setTerminated(true);
       }
   }

I can step through it in the debugger and everything works fine, but the
stop button remains enabled.

Something is happening: I have to call stop before I can rerun.

What is wrong here?

2. I disabled the logging, since there seem to be some problems with it.
Is it possible to perform logging statements via
IVoiceXMLBrowserConstants.EVENT_LOG_MESSAGE in the stop method?
I just see the first output, the second never appears.

3. I have still some problems with the setDefaults, performApply,
initializeFrom

If I switch to the common tab and back, the entries disappear. I can get
them back, by clicking 'Revert'.

/dirk