[vtp-dev] Some final questions to the JVoiceXml plugin

Hi all,

I am close to finish the JVoiceXml plugin.

There are still two problems to solve:

1. The stop button is not disabled

I tried the demo from the tutorial and this works perfect for me.
However, my plugin behaves differently.

My stop method contains the following code:
    public void stop() {
        if (browserProcess == null) {
            return;
        }

        final JVoiceXmlPlugin plugin = JVoiceXmlPlugin.getDefault();
        final LoggingReceiver receiver = plugin.getReceiver();
        receiver.setSession(null);
        receiver.setBrowser(null);

        try {
            if (session != null) {
                // logMessage("stopping session...");
                session.close();
                session = null;
                // logMessage("session closed");
            }
        } catch (Throwable e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            browserProcess.setTerminated(true);
        }
    }

I can step through it in the debugger and everything works fine, but the
stop button remains enabled.

Something is happening: I have to call stop before I can rerun.

What is wrong here?

2. I disabled the logging, since there seem to be some problems with it.
Is it possible to perform logging statements via
IVoiceXMLBrowserConstants.EVENT_LOG_MESSAGE in the stop method?
I just see the first output, the second never appears.

3. I have still some problems with the setDefaults, performApply,
initializeFrom

If I switch to the common tab and back, the entries disappear. I can get
them back, by clicking 'Revert'.

/dirk

Back to the top