Re: [vtp-dev] Modify the launching API

Any change to the interface will break existing implementations. As I see it there are two options:

1) Rev the versions and declare a new version of the API.

2) Extend the interface (ie 'IVoiceXMLBrowserWithProgress') to add a start(IProgressMonitor) method.

As we are effectively satisfied with the work towards a stable build in February I am inclined to do #1. Mike, what do you think? If anyone would like to chime in feedback would be welcome.

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

"Michael Greenawalt" <mgreenawalt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2006 03:46 PM

Please respond to
Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Voice Tools general developers" <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[vtp-dev] Modify the launching API

Brent –

As I mentioned to you at Eclipsecon, I would like to see the launching API change to pass a ProgressMonitor to the start method in IVoiceXMLBrowser. There is an IProgressMonitor in the argument list for the launch method of the VoiceXMLLaunchConfigurationDelegate, that could be passed on to the start method.

If this were available to the IVoiceXMLBrowser implementation, it could more readily report its progress in the status bar.

I have played with this a bit and like what I see.

Unfortunately, such a change will break existing code.

Discussion?

vtp-dev mailing list
vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx