[vtp-dev] Modify the launching API

Brent –

As I mentioned to you at Eclipsecon, I would like to see the launching API change to pass a ProgressMonitor to the start method in IVoiceXMLBrowser. There is an IProgressMonitor in the argument list for the launch method of the VoiceXMLLaunchConfigurationDelegate, that could be passed on to the start method.

If this were available to the IVoiceXMLBrowser implementation, it could more readily report its progress in the status bar.

I have played with this a bit and like what I see.

Unfortunately, such a change will break existing code.

Discussion?

-- Mike

Back to the top