Re: [vtp-dev] use of third party libraries

The Eclipse Foundation has a legal approval process that redistributing a third party library has to go through. Getting approval to redistribute a third party jar can take on the order of 3 months to get approval for, so it's possible, but has to be planned for in advance. If you want to leave it out and ask users to download the jar manually we could do that in the meantime, though.

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

Dirk Schnelle <dirk.schnelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/03/2006 07:06 AM

Please respond to
Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[vtp-dev] use of third party libraries

Hi all,

currently I try to extend vtp to connect to JVoiceXml [1]

I am able to connect to the server and need to do some cosmetics on the
UI.

It would be possible to redirect the output of the JVoiceXml interpreter
to vtp's log pane. Since JVoiceXml's logging is based on log4j [2] this
means, that I have to add log4j as a third party library.

Is there anything against that? Would this cause trouble with the
license? log4j is under the Apache License 2.0 [3].

/dirk

[1] http://jvoicexml.sourceforge.net
[2] http://logging.apache.org/log4j
[3] http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0