RE: [vtp-dev] Moving thursday development discussions online

Have you considered just getting rid of the dialogs altogether? I don't particularly like them, but maybe that's just because I've run way too many voicexml sessions in the last month. The user should be able to tell the session is over by the color of the top button or by looking at the debug view anyhow. Or you could throw a few log events saying the messages or into the status bar.

In general documentation isn't as important because others can help there more easily. In fact it may even be better to have the documentation written by someone else!

I'd prefer a getting started to seamlessly explain how to set up whatever's necessary to run the tellme browser and a 'how to run voicexml' section to mention it as well as one of a possible set of browsers. When a company goes to put the VTP code into a commercial product that might minimize the amount of changes they have to make.

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

"Michael Greenawalt" <mgreenawalt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/01/2006 07:58 PM

Please respond to
Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Voice Tools general developers" <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [vtp-dev] Moving thursday development discussions online

Re: Bug 124906. I know what needs to be done to fix it, but have not had cycles to do the change. It is kind of hard to test, too, because it depends on an external event happening at just the wrong time. A good test would require hitting the mark within 2 seconds.

Re: Documentation. Documentation continues to be pushed back in favor of handling bugs. I have spent some time on it today, and getting it organized is the first big hurdle. You modified the top level of the Voice Tools documentation, with Getting Started, Concepts, Tasks, and References. I keep thinking that each browser should be documented as an entity, and reconciling those points of view is slowing me down.

I still have tomorrow.

I need to file a bug on the two Stop button pushed dialogs which I mentioned earlier, and if I were  to try to fix anything, that happens much more readily than 124906.

-- Mike