[vjet-dev] JSDT - what is the Javascript parser implemented with?

Hi John,

cced vjet-dev distribution list.

I believe jikespg is used the same parser generater that is used by JDT.

One note about VJET parser in comparison to JSDT. VJET improved the JSDT parser by doing the following:

1. Removed any non AST parsing related task. Type inferencing, code analysis is deferred to later visitors.
2. Fixed the issues with object literal function/property recovery by balancing tokens.
3. There are minimum dependencies outside just AST parsing. Many of the eclipse dependencies have been removed.
4. There are 3 views which are very helpful for inspecting the model.
AST view - view of the AST model before and after recovery.
ScriptUnit view - view of the JST where higher level types are constructed.
TypeSpace view - View of the typespace by group.

In relation to the implicit semicolon insertion rules where are you trying to fix this? Do you have some cases that are broken that you tried in VJET? We allow for users to not add semis and AST is constructed.