Re: [virgo-dev] Declarative Services in Virgo

Hi Dominic,

This mailing list is for developers extending Virgo, while Virgo users should use the forum for support.

This said, if I remember correctly from our previous conversations you are using Virgo tools 1.5 snapshot build.
As far as I know, Virgo supports declarative services since 3.0, both in kernel and user region http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Community/Migrating_from_2.x_to_3.0.0#Declarative_Services.

When you say "copied into the output" it means you checked that the component.xml file is present both in the "/bin" folder of every project and in the $VIRGO_HOME/stage/<project_name> folder, right?

GianMaria.

Should OSGi Declarative Services work in the User partition of Virgo Jetty 3.6.4 and Virgo Jetty 3.7.0.M3?

I've used DS before in Eclipse RCP type applications, and I want my bundles to be RCP compatible, so I'm using the Virgo / PDE project type.  I've also verified that the component definition file is being copied to the output, and the component and the directive is present in the manifest.

Back to the top