Re: [virgo-dev] Virgo Project Leadership and request to committers

I would also like to thank Glyn for everything he has done over the years for Eclipse RT and OSGi.  I have enjoyed working with Glyn in one way or another for many years.  Your expertise and leadership will be missed, not only in Virgo, but in the overall OSGi and Eclipse RT communities.

From the RT PMC's perspective the Virgo project must have a project lead going forward.  Existing Virgo committers need to be aware that without a project lead the Virgo project will eventually be considered for a termination review.  Any stakeholders interested in the Virgo project should not take Glyn's request for a replacement lightly.  Please consider stepping up as a lead for Virgo.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Glyn Normington ---07/11/2013 04:42:32 AM---Thanks Florian. I'm currently acting as caretaker projectGlyn Normington ---07/11/2013 04:42:32 AM---Thanks Florian. I'm currently acting as caretaker project lead for Gemini Blueprint, so I quite unde

From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Virgo Project <virgo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 07/11/2013 04:42 AM
Subject: Re: [virgo-dev] Virgo Project Leadership and request to committers
Sent by: virgo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Florian. I'm currently acting as caretaker project lead for Gemini Blueprint, so I quite understand why you prefer not to do this for Virgo!

Regards,
Glyn

On 11 Jul 2013, at 10:11, Florian Waibel <fwaibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Glyn,

    First of all I would like to thank you for everything you have done for Virgo and its community. I enjoyed your encouraging words and the helpful coaching throughout my time with Virgo.

    With my current Virgo time budget I feel uncomfortable stepping up to project leadership. It might be sufficient to act as a caretaker, but that would not be my preferred way contributing to the project. I think that we need some more involvement from Virgo adopters to ensure an ongoing success of the project.

    Regards,
      florian