[virgo-dev] Equinox Console

Got it. I was clear on the two regions, but they layout wasn't clear to me. So I take it that repository/ext -> User and Configuration -> kernel.

Now, on another question that I probably should have asked before now, has the equinox console syntax changed at some point, e.g. between 2.1.1 and 3.5.0? We're having trouble with the console interaction, which seems to be sending bare commands, e.g. "start 123" as opposed to "vsh:bundle start 123" and I'm not sure how htat would ever have worked.

On 2012-06-28, at 5:52 PM, Glyn Normington wrote:

Hi Miles

Good question! There are two instances of configuration admin in Virgo: one for the kernel and one for the user region. Think of a region as a partition of the bundles in a framework with controlled sharing between regions. osgi.console.properties occurs twice because there is a shell for each region. But the web integration layer occurs only in the user region. Hope that makes sense now.

Regards,
Glyn