Re: [virgo-dev] Gerrit

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also personally dislike rebasing, although I know some people recommend
> it. Merge commits (a) avoid rewriting history once you have pushed a branch,
> and (b) a useful reminder of development steps when doing code archaeology
> (a not particularly pleasant, but sometimes necessary task).

You know, it really depends how the project wants to be run. A linear
history is helpful when trying to bisect things
   http://schacon.github.com/git/user-manual.html#bisect-merges

Gerrit also can force you to refer every change which is nice so
things don't slip through the cracks.

Like with anything, there's plusses and minuses and Eclipse projects
should have the right to choose the way that works for them :)

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org