|fyi in case any of you are interested in submitting a session...|
Begin forwarded message:
Date: 9 July 2011 00:09:16 GMT+01:00
To: <members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <osgi_adopters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <osgi_supporters@xxxxxxxx>, <interest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <spain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <france@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <germany@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sweden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <china@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <japan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <belgium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <korea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <brazil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [members] OSGi Community Event September 20-21, 2011 - Call for Presentations Deadline Extended
OSGi Alliance Community Event 2011 CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS - DEADLINE EXTENDED The most important OSGi event of the year, OSGi Community Event 2011, is Sept. 20-21 in Darmstadt, Germany. This year's event, "OSGi: Evolution and Success," hosted by Deutsche Telekom, SAP AG, and Software AG, will highlight use cases and other lessons for implementing and deploying OSGi technology. The community event will feature the latest news about the OSGi Alliance and its current specification work, and will explore how organizations are implementing and benefiting from using OSGi standards-based architectures in their IT infrastructures, products, and services. The annual event attracts enterprise and embedded software architects, IT decision-makers and software leaders, as well as developers who are using OSGi as the basis for their next-generation IT infrastructure. The Alliance has received many excellent technical presentation proposals and thanks the OSGi community for those submissions, all of which are under consideration now. Striving to respond to attendee program feedback from prior community events, we now extend our call for papers, asking for more proposals that present the business benefits of using OSGi technology before we finalize the event agenda. The extended deadline for all presentation proposals is Friday, July 22, 2011. The Program Committee is especially interested in real-life case studies and talks that share lessons learned.
- Information on OSGi-based product solutions (with a focus on the benefits that OSGi provides to the product)
- Case studies about the benefits of using and/or migrating to OSGi
- Case studies from enterprise IT organizations on how OSGi has been implemented within their organization
- Best practice guidelines for deploying OSGi
- Architectural guidelines for using OSGi
- Migrating/re-factoring existing systems with OSGi
- Technology-oriented presentations related to the use of OSGi
- Other topics of interest to the intended audience, including panel session topics
Submissions are welcomed for long and short talks, as well as tutorials and BOFs. All proposals should include the following:
- Presentation title
- Your requested preference for type of presentation - long talk (50 mins), short talk (20 mins), tutorial (120 mins), panel, or BOF
- Presenter name
- Presenter employer
- Presentation Abstract (max 250 words)
- Presenter Bio (max 100 words)
If you have any other questions, please contact us.
All email submissions and replies to OSGi Alliance email addresses are subject to the terms and conditions of the OSGi Alliance membership agreement.