Re: [virgo-dev] Virgo release branding

Sorry that I'm coming late to this party...

FWIW, I totally love the idea of naming your releases. My preference would be go with something fun/funny (comedian names, Dr. Seuss words?); but fun/funny is actually a pretty hard problem.

Talk of projects releasing different parts of their code on different schedules raises a bit of a red flag with me. I assume that issues regarding version mismatches between runtime and tools have been considered. Is there concern that differences between runtime and tools version numbers may cause confusion in the community?

Our processes really only have a concept of a project and a release. There really is no concept of parts of a project doing a release. This isn't a show stopper; it just means that we may need to be creative with the process to make sure that the intent is clear. We may need to work together to make sure we get this right. Keep in mind that anything you call a "release" (other than service releases) requires a release review...

Again, I assume that these sorts of issues are being considered, I just haven't been paying close enough attention to this conversation.

Wayne