[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[virgo-dev] Virgo and remote management
- From: Dan Tran <dantran@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:36:58 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=CsD7JDHWkVDIa1yvSb8mz6uc/tABa3PgyBdwcwVfXl/TzFetJcLM2thNJQrOQB9/IS vZV11uAd9BlGyfhHxinknnMvnbMjm8Hlu3Mbx0Krt5ZhewkPqJ3exIr0XdmTDSXfM+ox DSHf7xWEsKuP1nMmxf7pCw/RqGoGSu0EaIpso=
Hi Virgo team,
I would like to manage my bundle/webapp remotely thru automation ( ie
web services ) to
- update my webapp's dependencies
- stop/restart my webapp
As I understand, I can use Web admin console, but that is still manual
I have spent some time over all docs and mailing archive. The closest
I can get is to push down my update artifact to pickup directory, and
then call some interface in mbean ( JMX ). However since JMX mbean is
undocumented, I am not sure which one to use.
Also would update webcontainer can be done remotely? how about the
entire Virgo upgrade?
Big thanks for advices
PS: I am tasked to build up a managed agent technology with friendly
configuration update, deployment update and upgrade. The agents will
be deploy to thousand of pc/server nodes to be managed by federated
Management Center node. So far Eclipse Virgo and Apache ACE are the 2
closest frameworks i can see.