Re: [virgo-dev] Virgo Snaps Question

Hi Dmitry,
 Thanks for the help :) I finally got it working :) Had a little bit of weirdness until I rebuilt everything but it seems to be working fine. I will open a ticket against snaps but I am not sure of the support it will get (I reckon it may be community only to drive it on - everything I have seen on SpringSource/VMWare stresses the "prototype" nature of it).

 That said, I think it is one of the coolest features going when it works properly. I am using it to allow 3rd parties add "tabs" to my WebConsole which interact with either my bundles or 3rd party bundles based on the plan we use for deployment.

 I can tidy up some of the code a bit and provide a working sample which could be added to the snaps codebase - this would be a host and a snap (or two) with two other bundles (exporting services to those
snaps). Maybe you or others could check this as I found some slight weirdnesses in the paths used to map in the controllers but this may be lack of knowledge on my part in relation to the web.xml and/or snap-servlet.xml.

e.g. :   (attached the config files)

SNAP : takes over /devices   , the HOST is /console

So the full path to my MVC controller method  is /console/devices/index

   In the MVC:

@RequestMapping("/devices/index")

and I have to return the following ModelAndView to get it to work (leave out the devices bit) :

	return new ModelAndView("index")        // I have a corresponding index.jsp,
             // if I leave it I get resource not found on the jsp file.

The snap-servlet.xml is as follows:

  <osgi:reference ....>

 < context:component-scan base-package="....."/>

 <bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver" p:prefix="/WEB-INF/jsp/" p:suffix=".jsp" />

The web.xml
~Patsy