For now I just went with copying the jar to the lib directory and keeping java6-server.profile as is.

Thanks!
Dmitry

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM, O'Flynn, Dennis <Dennis.OFlynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, you want to keep javax.transaction as part of the system packages.  But you also need to include the javax.transaction_1.1.1.v201004190952.jar bundle from the Eclipse Orbit repository.  This bundle is a fragment bundle that is attached to the system bundle as its host bundle.

The combination of Java 1.6  and the fragment bundle will provide the javax.transaction packages and classes.

From: virgo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:virgo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dmitry Sklyut
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 1:07 PM
To: Virgo Project
Subject: [virgo-dev] M6 issue with javax.transaction

Hi,

It looks like javax.transaction is no longer in /lib.  That caused me a few minutes of panic while upgrading from M3 to M6 right now.
javax.transaction.Transaction manager could not be resolved from org.springframework.orm bundle.

javax.transaction is in a list of org.osgi.framework.system.packages in java6-server.profile.  I manually copied javax.transaction to lib and restarted and was back in a good graces of osgi gods.

The question is - should java6-server.profile be modified as well to remove javax.transaction from the list of system packages?

I did just that, removed all references to javax.transaction from java6-server.profile and deleted javax.transaction from lib and now bundles deployed in the userregion properly resolve to the javax.transaction bundle deployed in repository/ext.

So what is the right way to go here?

Regards,
Dmitry