Re: [virgo-dev] virgo with gemini-naming

Hi Glyn

I actually did get a bit further.  Had to re-read the spec twice to get some of the mechanics.

The code is here: http://github.com/dsklyut/virgo-naming.  There is a virgo-config-m6 directory with all jars and config files in right places.  Just overlay on top of clean m6 install.

What I have done is:

1.  Move gemini-naming into user region from kernel.
   Naming tries to look up services from service registry when jndi name matches osgi:service and it uses ServiceFactory to get at the client bundle context.
When deployed in kernel it would always get a userregion bundle context and because the service is not in the list of exported services it would never find it.

2. OSGi enterprise jar is deployed in kernel
   Config Admin and Event Admin are already deployed there.  I just put in the initial list before config/event admins.

3.  I created a super dumb way to rewrite java: to osgi:.  It is in com.dsklyut.virgo.osgi.javanaming.bridge.  I just got it to work.  It is basically a hack and POC.
   I am publishing an ObjectFactory with property “osgi.jndi.url.scheme=java” and return a proxy Context that later on lookup(String) call gets a new InitialContext from JNDIContextManager and calls lookup(String) on that with rewritten name.

4.  Tomcat does get in the way with its insistence of setting initial context factory name.
  I could not find a way to declaratively set useNaming to false.  Maybe this can be addressed in gemini-web with a property or a fragment?  To re-set the System properties I added another bundle that removes them in Activator.start and added that bundle to the list of initialAtifacts right after virgo.web (com.dsklyut.virgo.osgi.javanaming.system.property.cleanup bundle).

I would be happy to put together a more detailed description next week.

Dmitry