[ve-dev] Need help with two issues

Hello,

I will be grateful for any help/hint with following 2 issues:

Question 1. Structural properties of a composite bean are not set

Suppose I create a composite Visual class that extends a container bean:

public class MyBox extends ULCBoxPane {

	private ULCLabel ulcLabel = null;

	public MyBox() {
		super();
		initialize();
	}

	public void initialize() {
        this.setPreferredSize(new
com.ulcjava.base.application.util.Dimension(80,80));
        this.set(0, 0, 1, 1,
com.ulcjava.base.shared.IDefaults.BOX_LEFT_CENTER, getUlcLabel());
	}
}

This is a container with a Label in it.

Now in another Visual Class I use this Bean. I put it in another
container:

public class Testcomp {

	private ULCBoxPane ulcBoxPane = null;  //
@jve:decl-index=0:visual-constraint="72,31"
	private MyBox myBox = null;

	private ULCBoxPane getUlcBoxPane() {
		if (ulcBoxPane == null) {
			ulcBoxPane = new ULCBoxPane();
			ulcBoxPane.setPreferredSize(new
com.ulcjava.base.application.util.Dimension(242,142));
			ulcBoxPane.set(2, 0, 1, 1,
com.ulcjava.base.shared.IDefaults.BOX_LEFT_CENTER, getMyBox());
		}
		return ulcBoxPane;
	}

	private MyBox getMyBox() {
		if (myBox == null) {
			myBox = new MyBox();
		}
		return myBox;
	}
}

The problem is that at the time of adding the composite bean to a
container, its structural features such as preferredSize and components
(contained components) are not set. Therefore, after adding it to the
conatiner the composite bean does not reflect its preferredSize. Is it
because somehow the initialize() method is not called? How can this be set
right?

Question 2. Displaying a dialog while installing a plug-in from update
site:

Our plugin is based on VE Plugin. When installing the plug-in from update
site it presents a dialog and save the the received input from the user in
a file. It used an extension BaseInstallHandler which was specified in
feature.xml file.

Now this used to work fine till Eclipse 3.2/3.3. But in Eclipse 3.4/3.5
the update manager complains that this is an obsolete way of doing
installtion

Can someone please tell me how to upgrade to the new way of installing
from update site and how to present a dialog in the new mechanism?

Thanks and regards,

Janak

Janak Mulani

email: janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx
url: http://www.canoo.com

Beyond AJAX - Java Rich Internet Applications

http://www.canoo.com/ulc