[ve-dev] Overriding a PropertySourceAdapter from another Plugin

Hi

I have a general question about contributing of PropertySourceAdapters via override files.

Is it possible to override or to completely replace a PropertySourceAdapter that has been attached to a Class in another plugin?

Example:

Plugin A is defining an override file for java.awt.Component and therein defines a AwtComponentPropertySourceAdapter for this class.

Plugin B is dependent on Plugin A, but would like to replace the previously defined AwtComponentPropertySourceAdapter for java.awt.Component with an own implementation, say MyPropertySourceAdapter.

Is this possible? Doing so (just naïvely as described above) seemed not to show any effect, unless I actually patch Plugin A (i.e. remove the override for AwtComponent).

I'd be glad about hints or explanations.

Thanks,
Kaspar

Back to the top