[ve-dev] Advice on component capture

Hi guys!

i have the following question. I've written a component that makes use of the SWT Browser control and a custom facility that takes snapshots of the page that is currently displayed on the browser. I had a problem with capturing correctly portions of the browser that are overlapped by other windows on the screen (offscreen image capture), which i overcame thanks to snippets from your ImageCapture class. I capture the browser image by using the WM_PRINT message.

The problem i'm having at the moment is that when the start-up page of the browser is displayed, i can correctly capture the browser's image (even if portions are not visible), but when the browser loads a different page (or refreshes the same), i get just a blank (white) snapshot.

I accidentaly noticed that everything comes back to normal, if right after a page has finished loading, i move the focus to another control within my composite. This behavior tells me that before i take the snapshot, i have to dispatch some other event to the browser control, so that it can correctly paint itself on the given GC.

Does anybody know why this is happening and maybe suggest a recommended workaround to this problem? Thanx for your time!

Chris