[ve-dev] Help needed

Title: Help needed

Dear VE Team,

I am one of the contributors for Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) project (www.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj).
Our next task is to have a GUI builder for the LCDUI components.
We have decided to use VE for it.
We have started using swing components to emulate the LCDUI components. But we are facing a lot of problems in the code generation part,

Like variable declaration etc.
To overcome the variable declaration, we are placing our custom swing widgets in the same package structure as the corresponding LCDUI ones.

We were able to customize the methods generated through JET templates.

Next problem we are facing is the customiztion of the generated code.
After we drop a custom widget, there is no code generated in the initialize method.
We need some customiztion here as well (method call should be append instead of add).
Please give us some pointers on customizing the generated code in the intialize method.

Another problem is regarding the classpath. We do not want Swing and Java API's in the IDE side.
Is there any workaround for this?

If you think our approach is totally wrong, then please guide us to the right way.

Looking forward to your replies-

Thanking You,
Anand

Back to the top