Re: [ve-dev] Container class path entry

Hi,

They are not directly modifiable by the user. It is the developer's responsibility to supply a wizard to modify the container. The wizard will then control the modifications. General do anything you want modifications are not permitted in containers because they are programmatically controlled.

For example, we use the SWTContainerWizardContent class to allow modification of the container. This comes from the SWTWizardContainerPage. And that is referenced through the extension point:

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.jdt.ui.classpathContainerPage">
      <classpathContainerPage
            name="%classContainerPageName"
            class="org.eclipse.ve.internal.swt.SWTContainerWizardPage"
            id="SWT_CONTAINER">
      </classpathContainerPage>
   </extension>

Rich

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2006 01:40 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"ve-Dev@Eclipse. Org" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Container class path entry

Hi,

How can I make a container classpath entry modifiable?

For instance, I add a jar file as class path entry. For this jar I add src
jar and javadoc path as follows:

IClasspathAttribute[] attributes = new IClasspathAttribute[]{
             JavaCore.newClasspathAttribute(IClasspathAttribute.JAVADOC_LOC
ATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME, ulcJavaDocLocation)};

fClasspathEntries.add(JavaCore.newLibraryEntry(devjar, devjarsrc, null,
EMPTY_RULES, attributes, false));

Now in Eclipse, I add this container to a project and view the Java Build
Path Libraries.

For my jar file I see src attachment and javadoc location but both are non
modifiable.

How do I make them modifiable? I am unable to find the relevant API?

BTW, for JREContainer for JRE jar files the above attributes are modifiable.
I looked up JREContainer class but did not see any special API to make these
properties modifiable.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Janak