RE: [ve-dev] separator

Dr Gili Mendel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2005 10:56 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [ve-dev] separator

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/18/2005 12:45 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

"Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [ve-dev] separator

-------------------------------------

2. import stmt for an inner class:

For ULCToolBar life is bit easy in ULC. I can continue to us
ULCToolBar.add(ULCComponent)  method (instead of the convenience method
addSeparator()) because ULCToolBar$ULCSeparator descends from ULCComponent.
But there is one problem.

The separator for ULCToolBar is an inner public class of ULCToolBar nameley
ULCToolBar$ULCSeparator. The codegen generates an import statement:

   import com.ulcjava.base.application.ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator;

>>> RLK >>>>
    This is a valid import statement. By doing this we can use just ULCSeparator by itself in the code. If we did just the toolbar then we would have to use ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator in the code. Now the only error that I think you could get would be an ambiguous reference if you had two ULCSeparator classes, one an inner class and the other not an inner class. Is that is what is happening here? We don't handle ambiguous references.

This is a compilation error and perhaps a bug : For inner class shouldn't it
import the outer class?

How do I get it to generate:                 import com.ulcjava.base.application.ULCToolBar?

Subject[ve-dev] separator

Hi,

The separators for toolbar and menu are not supported in Swing VE.

In ULC we have ULCSeparator like JSeparator of swing.

I would like to generate addSeparator() method on tool bar and menu. But at
the same time suppress the generation of new ULCSepartor() _expression_ and
also suppress generation of global or local var and getters.

In general is there a way to suppress generation of instantiation, variables
and getters?

Can I do the following:

In override file for ULCSeparator specify a CodeGenHelperClass that extends
AbstractExpressionDecoder.

The helper for decoder extends from ConstructorDecoderHelper and generates
nothing!

Or is there a better way to do separator?

Thanks,

Janak