Re: [ve-dev] Re: Re: Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets (Rich Kulp)

Hi,

You don't need to register any of the standard factories. Those are all done automatically by the registration. The only additional "factories" you can register are registerConstants factories. These are simply holding places for proxies like IMethodProxies that are registry dependent so that you don't need to keep looking them up all of the time. Take the JavaStandardAWTBeanConstants class as example of a registered constants factory.

Thanks,
Rich

"Namrata" <namrata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/24/2005 08:50 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

<ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Re: Re: Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets (Rich        Kulp)

Hi Rich,

Now I understand the high level picture better. Thanks a bunch.
I have started playing around with the code and now understand a small part
of VE implementation (vow).

I created a ProxyFactoryRegistry using the
IDERegistration.createIDEProxyFactoryRegistry(...), as per your previous
instructions.

Next I thought I should register a BeanProxyFactory, using the
proxyFactory.registrerBeanProxyFactory() method.
As the first parameter, I'm using the
IStandardAwtBeanProxyFactory.REGISTRY_KEY.
I'm stuck on what should be the second parameter. The AWT bean factories in
jem.internal.proxy.awt are not visible.
VE uses jem.internal.proxy.remote.awt.REMStandardAWTBeanProxyFactory.

Please advise whether I'm on the right track?
Thanks
Namrata

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:01:58 -0400
> From: Rich Kulp <richkulp@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ve-dev] Re: Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets
> To: Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project
> <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> HI Namrata,
>
> It depends. For us if we have a frame with buttons on it, we only care
> about the image of the frame because that image will include the image of
> the buttons since they are on the frame. Since we can get the absolute
> location of the buttons relative to the frame from the ComponentManager,
> we know their position and size and we could just use that as our child
> figure bounds. Our child figure has a transparent image on it (i.e. no
> image is painted but it has bounds so that it can be clicked on, or a
> border drawn around it).
>
> If you wanted only the image of the button to put someplace else other
> than to be within the image of the frame, then you would have to retrieve
> the image of the button separately.
>
> Rich
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
.html