[ve-dev] Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets

Hi,

I'm evaluating the feasibility of developing a form designer. Our model is a static XML based model to represent AWT/Swing forms.

I want to develop an editor using EMF/GEF. For drawing the images, I want to reuse the VE internal functionality in the JEM plugin.

I looked at the VE source and the JEM test code, but its still confusing due to lack of a document. I will greatly appreciate any pointers on a high level description of how to use JEM to create the widgets in a seperate VM and scrape the cartoon images to display in the form designer.

In return I will document the JEM API and the usage in detail.

Thanks in advance.
Namrata

Back to the top