RE: [ve-dev] RE: next release of VE

Hey Janak

   We were thinking to provide this option, especially when you open the editor with two tabbed pane... no need to keep the snippet engine going...

   In any case, we moved the snipped to a low priority job, and allow it to cancel in the model now... so I hope that the issues you raised earlier are gone (we should have an integration build tonight), give it a try and open a bugzilla if you still see problems.

   Also, the reason that sometime the snippet code is slow, is that we were forced to run some of it (when the model is updated, and the target VM needs to refresh images and such) in the UI.  We are looking at farther improving this by having transactions so that all this "UI" needs is quite limited, and all the work is done on a low (Thread) priority Job... so having the snippet going should not be noticeable when this effort is complete.

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/15/2005 05:36 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

"Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [ve-dev] RE: next release of VE

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

- Is it possible to put the VE in pause roundtrip mode while the source code
is being changed in the source editor i.e. the focus is in the source
editor?

:) Sure. But can VE do that automatically? When focus is in Java Editor,
disable roundtripping. When focus goes out of Java Editor, enable the
roundtripping.

Making changes to Java code with roundtripping on is slow and inconvenient -
one would like the image updated after all source changes are in and not
incrementally after every source
change.

Thanks and regards,

Janak