RE: [ve-dev] About beans

Do both beans have explicit beaninfo classes associated with them? I'm not
sure how VE handles this, but bean tools should always call
getAdditionalBeanInfo() if an explicit bean info is present for a class.

For example, if you have

  BaseClass   BaseClassBeanInfo
  SubClass1   SubClassBeanInfo1
  SubClass2   (no bean info)

if you work with an instance of SubClass1, the bean tool will find the
explicit bean info, then call its getAdditionalBeanInfo to look at
superclass or whatever. It won't automagically go to the superclass.

if you work with an instance of SubClass2, the bean tool won't find an
explicit bean info, will introspect the bean, then *always* look at the
superclass.

BeanInfos aren't "inherited" (SubClass2 won't "use" the BaseClassBeanInfo;
introspection is used instead). I don't know if that's your problem, but
I've heard some assuming that inheritance applies.

(Please don't be offended if this isn't the problem... I started thinking
about this b/c you mention there are no features defined in the second bean,
which made me think that there is no explicit beaninfo for it.)

Hope this helps!
-- Scott