Re: [ve-dev] VE 1.5 themes

Jeff,

The container is responsible for indicating what the IConfigurationContributor is, and this is responsible for manipulating the build path.    It is also responsible for contributing to the palette.  Presumabely if JFCClasspathContributor we able to detect the JRE level it could decide what entries to add to the palette, what /override files to use and also what beaninfo jar(s).  It's not been coded yet, but I think the mechanics are there to do JRE context switching.  One issue might be that we'd need a way to detect what the JRE level is and I think this can maybe only be done once it's started (which is too late for the ClasspathContributor) but maybe there's something like a marker in a text file in one of the JRE directories, or perhaps we could run a "java -version" and stream the output to a buffer to find the JRE level.  SWT I'm not sure about - maybe hard code the dll ranges for each level and look in the directory to see which ones are there.

Best regards,

Joe

Please respond to ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx